Key aspects of the Physician-Scientist Program:
- The program is open up to 2 residents per year.
- Applicants with an MD-PhD, MD-MPH or an MD with an extensive research background are encouraged to apply.
Faculty Mentorship Disciplines include:
- alcohol and substance abuse
- eating disorders
- global mental health
- neurodevelopment disorders
- psychotic disorders
- women’s mood disorders
The Department of Psychiatry commitment to PSTP scholars will include:
- Protected time for research activities – 20% in PGY2 and 50% time in PGY3 and PGY4
- $50,000 per resident to support research activities and travel to professional meetings
- Monthly professional development seminars, including grant writing and career planning
- Opportunities to participate in scientific and professional development seminars and journal clubs across the School of Medicine
The program is led by Brad Gaynes, MD, MPH, Director of Research Training and John Gilmore, MD, Vice Chair for Research.