Key aspects of the Physician-Scientist Program:
- The program is open up to 2 residents per year.
- Applicants with an MD-PhD, MD-MPH or an MD with an extensive research background are encouraged to apply.
Faculty Mentorship Disciplines include:
- alcohol and substance abuse
- eating disorders
- global mental health
- neurodevelopment disorders
- psychotic disorders
- women’s mood disorders
The Department of Psychiatry commitment to PSTP scholars will include:
- Protected time for research activities – 20% in PGY2 and 50% time in PGY3 and PGY4
- $50,000 per resident to support research activities and travel to professional meetings
- Monthly professional development seminars, including grant writing and career planning
- Opportunities to participate in scientific and professional development seminars and journal clubs across the School of Medicine