- Gender Spectrum– https://www.genderspectrum.org/
Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens. Website provides a number of excellent resources and information.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) – http://www.hrc.org/resources/topic/transgender
Transgender Children & Youth: Understanding the Basics – https://www.hrc.org/resources/transgender-children-and-youth-understanding-the-basics
- The Know and Love Project– knowandlove.org
The Know and Love Project aims to present stories of loving and committed North Carolina families with gay and lesbian members in order to raise awareness and increase public support for the equal rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people in North Carolina and across the nation.
- LGBT Youth Resources from the CDC – https://www.cdc.gov/lgbthealth/youth-resources.htm
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Website contains many resources for LGBT youth, friends/supporters, educators and school administrators, and parents/guardians/family members.
- GLAAD Transgender Resources – https://www.glaad.org/transgender/resources
GLAAD works through entertainment, news, and digital media to share stories from the LGBTQ community that accelerate acceptance.
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation (TYEF) – http://www.transyouthequality.org/
The Trans Youth Equality Foundation provides education, advocacy and support for transgender and gender non-conforming children and youth and their families. Our mission is to share information about the unique needs of this community, partnering with families, educators and service providers to help foster a healthy, caring, and safe environment for all transgender children.
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE)– http://www.transequality.org/
The National Center for Transgender Equality is a national social justice organization devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy on national issues of importance to transgender people. By empowering transgender people and our allies to educate and influence policymakers and others, NCTE facilitates a strong and clear voice for transgender equality in our nation’s capital and around the country.
- Trans Student Educational Resources (TSER)– http://www.transstudent.org/
Trans Student Educational Resources is a youth-led organization dedicated to transforming the educational environment for trans and gender nonconforming students through advocacy and empowerment. They have a focus on creating a more trans-friendly education system, as well as a mission to educate the public and teach trans activists how to be effective organizers.
- TransYouth Family Allies (TYFA)– http://www.imatyfa.org/
TYFA empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities, to develop supportive environments in which gender may be expressed and respected.
- Protecting the Rights of Transgender Parents and their Children – A Guide for Parents and Lawyers
- PreP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) https://prepfacts.org/prep/the-basics/