Perinatal Psychiatry Physician Researcher Fellowship
12-month Clinical Research fellowship providing psychiatrists with advanced training in both clinical and research aspects of perinatal psychiatry.
Perinatal Psychiatry Physician Researcher Fellowship The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Department of Psychiatry is offering a new 12-month Clinical Research fellowship providing psychiatrists with advanced training in both clinical and research aspects of perinatal psychiatry. The fellowship takes advantage of the department’s extensive outpatient program working closely with UNC’s OB/GYN department and the Perinatal Psychiatry Inpatient Unit (PPIU), the first of its kind in the United States. The fellowship also takes advantage of a robust research program in the Women’s Mood Disorders Center. Current projects include investigations of the efficacy and mechanisms of action of novel treatments on the PPIU and of novel methods of providing care to pregnant and postpartum women. There are numerous opportunities for learning, from formal didactics to extensive clinical and research programs.
Possible Clinical Rotations:
• Perinatal Psychiatry Specialty Clinic
o Including training in advanced psychopharmacology and evidence-based psychotherapies during preconception, pregnancy and the postpartum period
• Perinatal Mental Health Consultation and Integration
o General OB
o Maternal Fetal Medicine
o Preterm Birth Prevention Clinic
o Family Practice
o Labor and Delivery, Antepartum and Postpartum Units
o Co-morbid Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders and Substance Use Disorders
o NC MATTERS consultation phone line
• Perinatal Psychiatry Inpatient Unit
• Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders including Postpartum psychosis
• Novel Treatments
• Electrophysiological, Immune and Stress Assessments and Biomarkers
Apply for 2021-2022 Perinatal Psychiatry Physician Researcher Fellowship
Who Can Apply
• PGY 4 Psychiatry Residents
• PGY5 Child and Adolescent
Psychiatry Fellows Requirements
• Personal Statement including explaining interest in perinatal psychiatry and interest in developing into a translational clinician researcher
• Three recommendation letters
Please send the above application materials to Mary Kimmel, MD at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Start date is July 1, 2021.
Contact Mary Kimmel, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org.