Global Health Leadership Pathway
The Global Health Leadership Pathway is a residency track with mentorship, targeted curriculum, and project integration for residents of the UNC Department of Radiology. Structured education on global radiology, epidemiology, access implications, and related methodologies will give our residents an edge as future leaders in the field. Click to read about the Pathway and its educational benefits.
2020 – 2021 GHLP Noon Conference Dates
- Wednesday 12 August: Culp – Radiology Readiness / PACS Readiness Case Study
- Monday 30 November: Campbell – Neuroradiology CT Cases from Malawi
- Wednesday 24 February: Aywak, Ahmed, du Pisanie, Dixon – Interactive Case Conference from Kenya
- Wednesday 19 May: McGinty
2020 – 2021 GHLP Journal Club Dates
- Tuesday 8 September: Lam D, et al. Phased Approach to Implementing BI-RADS in LMICs
- Thursday 10 December: Marcus D, et al. Strategic Radiology Outreach Planning using GIS
- Tuesday 16 February: Mendel JB, et al. Imaging in COVID-19 and Challenges for LMICs
- Thursday 15 April: Shimohira, et al. Visceral Artery Aneurysms Due to
Segmental Arterial Mediolysis
2020 – 2021 Global Radiology Grand Rounds
- Friday 9 April: Andrew Kesselman, MD, RPVI; Weill Cornell Medicine
Global Public Health, Radiology, and Health Equity
The UNC Department of Radiology advances health equity through education, collaboration, and innovation.
UNC Global Radiology, a RAD-AID Chapter, was founded in 2012 by the UNC School of Medicine’s Division of Radiologic Science and the Department of Radiology. Global health includes issues that transcend national boundaries, like cancer, and that require worldwide, multidisciplinary cooperation — so our partnerships have a Local to Global approach.
Our efforts support the vision of UNC Health and advance the university’s aims within the Carolina Next strategic plan. We have active health equity programs in North Carolina, Kenya, and Malawi. UNC Radiology Residents participating in these learning opportunities contribute within established partnerships for a sustainable impact and receive mentorship on best practices.