Lukasz Mazur, PhD
Assistant Professor; Head of Healthcare Engineering Division
Fax: (984) 974-8607
PhD (Industrial Engineering) Montana State University (2008)
MS (Industrial & Management Engineering) Montana State University (2005)
BS (Industrial & Management Engineering) Montana State University (2003)
Honors and Awards
2015 ‘Best’ of ASTRO: Mazur LM, Mosaly P, Tracton G, Taylor K, Johnson K, Comitz E, Adams R, Chera B, Marks L. A Quantitative Assessment of the Utility of ‘Safety Barriers’. American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO), 57th Annual Conference.
2012 Best Paper of the Year from the American Society of Engineering Management: Mazur LM, McCreery J, Rothenberg L. Facilitating Lean Learning and Behaviors in Hospitals during the Early Stages of Lean Implementation, Engineering Management Journal, 2012; 24, no. 1; pp. 11-22, 2012.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2015 Junior Faculty Development Award, Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, funds provided from IBM and R.J. Reynolds Industries, Inc.
2013 Innovation Pilot Award Recipient, School of Medicine Center for Innovation
North Carolina State University
2012 Induction into the Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension. Only winners of the college-level Outstanding Extension Service Award are eligible for membership into the Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension (AOFEE). Only two faculty may be nominated from Corporate Extension Service. Eight new members can be selected annually from the pool of 25 college- and unit-level extension outstanding service nominees, based on thematically driven categories, which reflect issues and concerns of critical interest to the citizens of the state.
2012 Outstanding Extension Service Award Recipient. Recognizes outstanding extension, engagement, and economic development activities. They are directly parallel in intent to the University’s Outstanding Teaching Awards. They are not intended to recognize personal activities unrelated to the individual’s work area or University sponsored programs.
2011 Alumni Outstanding Extension and Outreach Award. Honors faculty who excel in extension and outreach. The funding support for these awards comes from the North Carolina license plate program.
Montana State University
2011 Induction into the Hall of Fame, Athletics – Tennis Team
- Chera B, Mazur LM, Mosaly P, Marks LM. Error Prevention, In: Perez and Brady’s: Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology, Xth edition. Chapter 102, pp. xxx-xxx, 2017.
- Mazur LM, Keefe M, and Adams R. Culture of Safety, In: Washington and Leaver: Principles and Practice of Radiation Therapy 4th edition. Chapter 18, pp. 350-365, 2014.
- Mazur LM, McCreery J, Helmlinger TR, Kumar D, and Hofmann D. Engaging Hospital Employees in Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts: Development of Theoretical Model, In: Oczkowska R, and Mikula B. Knowledge, Economy, and Society: Challenges of the Contemporary World, Cracow University of Economics, Poland, Chapter 18, pp. 623-636, 2011
- Marks LM and Mazur LM, with contributions from Chera B and Adams R. Engineering Patient Safety in Radiation Oncology, in CRC Press: Taylor and Francis Group. 2014.
- *Simulation-based Research to Enhance Patient Safety in Radiation Oncology. Agency: AHRQ Advances in Patient Safety through Simulation Research (1 R18 HS023458-01): Principal Investigator.
- *Enhancing Providers’ Ability to Follow-up on Abnormal Test Results. Agency: AHRQ Exploratory and Developmental Grant to Improve Health Care Quality through Health Information Technology (IT) (R21 HS024062-01): Principal Investigator.