Dr. Dominic Moon (PGY 5)
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Medical School: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship: Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA
Honors and Awards
- Echols Scholar (granted to the top 8% of students at the University of Virginia College of Arts and Sciences), 2008
- J. Griswold and Margery H. Ruth Scholarship, University of Michigan School of Medicine, 2009-2014
- Student Biomedical Research Program Fellow, University of Michigan School of Medicine, 2010
- National Institutes of Health Medical Research Scholars Program Fellow (National Cancer Institute), 2012-2013
Head and neck cancer, prostate cancer
(as of 8/2/18)
- Moon DH, Moon SH, Wang K, Weissler MC, et al. Incidence of, and risk factors for, mandibular osteoradionecrosis in patients with oral cavity and oropharynx cancers. Oral Oncol 2017 Sep;72:98-103. PMID: 28797468.
- Ye F, Moon DH, Carpenter WR, Reeve BB, Usinger DS, et al. Comparison of patient report and medical records of comorbidities: results from a population-based cohort of patients with prostate cancer. JAMA Oncol 2017 Aug 1;3(8):1035-1042. PMID: 28208186.
- Moon DH, Efstathiou JA, Chen RC. What is the best way to radiate the prostate in 2016? Urol Oncol 2017 Feb;35(2):59-68. PMID: 27395453.
- Vainshtein JM, Moon DH, Feng FY, Chepeha DB, et al. Long-term quality of life after swallowing and salivary-sparing chemo-intensity modulated radiation therapy in survivors of human papillomavirus-related oropharyngeal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2015 Apr 1;91(5):925-933. PMID: 25832685.
- Lau D, Moon DH, Park P, Hervey-Jumper S, et al. Radiation-induced intradural malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor of the cauda equina with diffuse leptomeningeal metastasis. J Neurosurg Spine 2014 Nov;21(5):719-726. PMID: 25216401.
- Feng FY, Speers C, Liu M, Jackson WC, Moon D, et al. Targeted radiosensitization with PARP1 inhibition: Optimization of therapy and identification of biomarkers of response in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2014 Aug;147(1):81-94. PMID: 25104443.
- O’Sullivan CC, Moon DH, Kohn EC, Lee JM. Beyond breast and ovarian cancers: PARP inhibitors for BRCA mutation-associated and BRCA-like solid tumors. Front Oncol 2014 Feb 28;4:42. PMID: 24616882.
- Moon DH, Lee J-M, Noonan AM, Annunziata CM, et al. Deleterious BRCA1/2 mutation is an independent risk factor for carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions. Br J Cancer 2013 Aug;109(4): 1072-1078. PMID: 23867999.
- Lee J-M, Buckley de Meritens A, Moon DH, Kohn EC. Chapter 17: Ovarian Cancer. In Abraham J, Gulley JL, Allegra CJ (Edd.), The Bethesda Handbook of Clinical Oncology, 4th Edition. 2014; Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Wang K, Pearlstein KA, Mahbooba Z, Sutton S, Motley B, Moon DH, Judy G, Holmes JA, Caster JM, et al. Xerostomia is an unrecognized complication of whole brain radiotherapy and may be related to parotid dose: A prospective observational trial. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, September 24-27, 2017. (Oral presentation.)
- Moon DH, McRee AJ, Blackstock AW, O’Neil BH, et al. Phase 1b/2 study of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy with CRLX101 and capecitabine for locally advanced rectal cancer. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, September 24-27, 2017. (Oral presentation.)
- Moon DH, Basak RS, Chen RC. Patterns of care of node-positive prostate cancer patients across the United States. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, September 25-28, 2016. (Poster presentation.)
- Moon DH, Vainshtein JM, DeYoung J, Feng FY, Chepeha DB, Stenmark MH, Eisbruch A. Long-term quality of life (QOL) after chemo-IMRT for locally advanced oropharyngeal cancer (OPC): a prospective longitudinal study. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, September 22, 2014. (Oral presentation.)
- Moon D, Lee J, Noonan A, Annunziata, C, et al. BRCA 1/2 mutation status is correlated with increased hypersensitivity reactions to carboplatin. American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, April 6-10, 2013. (Poster presentation.)
- Moon D, Mineo M, Fischione A, Hood B, et al. Cell cycle-dependent CDK1 phosphorylation of BAG3 alters proliferation and susceptibility to gemcitabine. Gordon Research Seminar on Cell Growth and Proliferation, West Dover, VT, June 22-23, 2013. (Poster presentation.)
- Moon D. A positive BRCA1/2 mutation status is an independent risk factor for carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions. 13th Annual Center for Cancer Research Fellows and Young Investigators Colloquium, Frederick, MD, March 25-26, 2013. (Oral presentation.)
- Moon D, Han S, Brenner C, Sabolch A, et al. Inhibition of PARP1 selectively radiosensitizes ERG-positive prostate cancer cells. 2010 University of Michigan Cancer Center Research Fall Symposium, Ann Arbor, MI. (Poster presentation.)
- Moon D, Sabolch A, Albrecht-Unger L, Han S, et al. Targeted radiosensitization of PTEN-mutant prostate cancer with PARP1 inhibition. University of Michigan School of Medicine 56th Annual Student Biomedical Fall Research Forum, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010. (Poster presentation.)