Dr. Brandon Mullins (PGY 5)
- Undergraduate: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Graduate: Hampton University, Hampton, VA
- Medical School: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
- Internship: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
Honors and Awards
- National Urban League Scholarship, 2004-2008
- Hugh Morson Memorial Scholarship, 2004-2008
- Valedictorian, Medical Science Program, 2010
- Board of Governors Scholarship, 2010-2015
Publications (as of 7/29/19)
- Mullins BT, McGurk R, McLeod RW, Lindsay D, Amos A, Gu D, Chera BS, Marks L, Das S, Mazur L. Human error bowtie analysis to enhance patient safety in radiation oncology. Pract Radiat Oncol 2019 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print.] PMID: 31323384.
- Mullins BT, Basak R, Broughman JR, Chen RC. Patient-reported sexual quality of life after different types of radical prostatectomy and radiotherapy: Analysis of a population-based prospective cohort. Cancer 2019 Jun 30. [Epub ahead of print.] PMID: 31256432.
- Nabavizadeh N, Waller JG, Fain R 3rd, Chen Y, Degnin CR, Elliott DA, Mullins BT, et al. Safety and efficacy of accelerated hypofractionation and stereotactic body radiation therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma patients with varying degrees of hepatic impairment. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2018 Mar 1;100(3):577-585. PMID: 29413273.
- Wang K, Mullins BT, Falchook AD, Lian J, He K, Shen D, Dance M, Lin W, Sills TM, Das SK, Huang BY, Chera BS. Evaluation of PET/MRI for tumor volume delineation for head and neck cancer. Front Oncol 2017 Jan 23;7:8. PMID: 28168166.
- Mullins B, Hackman T. Angiosarcoma of the head and neck. Int Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2015 Jul;19(3):191-195. PMID: 26157490.
- Mullins BT, Hackman T. Adult synovial sarcoma of the head and neck: an institutional study and literature review. J Nat Sci 2015 1(4):e68.
- Fried D, Mullins B, Weissler M, Shores C, et al. Prognostic significance of bone invasion for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma considered T1/T2 by American Joint Committee on Cancer size criteria. Head & Neck 2014 Jun;36(6):776-781. PMID: 23616341.
- Mullins BT, Hackman T. Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors of the head and neck: A case series and literature review. Case Rep Otolaryngol 2014;2014:368920. PMID: 25548703.
- Mullins BT, Hackman T. Adult alveolar soft part sarcoma of the head and neck: A report of two cases and literature review. Case Rep Oncol Med 2014;2014:597291. PMID: 25587475.
Meeting Abstracts/Presentations (recent)
- McGurk R, Mullins B, Amos A, Gu D, Chera B, Marks L, Das S, Mazur L. Analysis of SBRT planning and delivery incidences via customized process mapping. American Association of Physicists in Medicine Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, July 14-18, 2019. (Oral presentation.)
- Pearlstein KA, Pryser E, Rankine LJ, Wang K, Mullins B, Holmes JA, Marks LB, Weiner AA. Marginal failures with stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for early stage lung cancer: Room for improvement? American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, October 21-24, 2018. (Poster presentation.)
- Mullins B, Holmes JA, Rivera M, Marks LB, Akulian J, Belanger A, Weiner AA. The impact of pathologic staging of the hilar/mediastinal nodes on outcomes in patients with early-stage NSCLC receiving stereotactic body radiation therapy. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, October 21-24, 2018. (Poster presentation.)
- Pryser E, Pearlstein KA, Rankine L, Wang K, Mullins B, Holmes J, Marks LB, Weiner AA. Dosimetric differences between ray-tracing and Monte Carlo algorithms in early stage lung cancer patients with marginal failures after SBRT. American Association of Physicists in Medicine Annual Meeting, Nashville, TN, July 29 – Aug. 2, 2018.
- Mullins B, Chen R, Basak R. Patient-reported sexual quality of life (QOL) in prostate cancer amongst 5 different treatment modalities. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, September 24-27, 2017. (Oral presentation.)
- Nabavizadeh N, Waller JG, Fain R, Chen Y, Elliott DA, Mullins B. Safety and efficacy of stereotactic body radiation therapy of accelerated hypofractionation for hepatocellular carcinoma in the setting of advanced liver dysfunction. American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, September 25-28, 2016. (Poster presentation.)
- Wang K, Mullins B, Falchook A, Lian J, et al. Comparison of tumor volume delineation on magnetic resonance/positron emission tomography versus standard computed tomography: Is there added value? Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Symposium, Scottsdale, AZ, February 18-20, 2016. (Poster presentation.)