On June 20, 2014, faculty and staff of the Department of Radiation Oncology gathered to celebrate the graduation of our radiation oncology and medical physics residents.
We wish all the best to our radiation oncology residents Drs. Gregg Goldin and Noam VanderWalde and our medical physics resident Geoff Nichols, MS (who will be joining our High Point practice).
The occasion also marks the annual awarding of other education-related prizes:
- Noam VanderWalde, MD received the Roentgen Research/Fellow Research Award from the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA).
- Jun Lian, PhD received the Chaney Award for Excellence in Physics Research. (Dr. Chaney is a Professor Emeritus and former head of the Physics and Computing Division.)
- Lauren Parker Huff, PhD from Dr. Adrienne Cox's lab received the Raleigh Award for Excellence in Biology Research. (Dr. Raleigh is a Professor Emeritus and former head of the then Molecular Radiobiology Division.)
- Eric Schreiber, PhD received the 2014 Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology (ARRO) Educator of the Year Award, based on voting by our residents.
- Bhisham Chera, MD received the 2014 Radiation Oncology Excellence in Teaching award.
Congratulations to one and all! We are very proud.