SHAC is committed to assisting in the development of programs and improvements that are in line with our mission of quality patient care, sustainable community initiatives, and interdisciplinary service-learning. SHAC is interested in helping all students in the health professional schools plan and develop their projects, and help ease the difficulties in bringing together an interdisciplinary group of volunteers.
Here you can find,
- A description of the process for requesting SHAC's help with the development of your project.
- A summary of the proposed, in-development and active projects.
If you are interested in developing a project with SHAC's assistance, please go to the Project Proposal Process page.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer on a proposed, in-development or active project, please go to the Prospective Volunteers - UNC Students page, select "Student Projects" on the "Clinic/Program of Interest" field and indicate your project of interest in the "Additional Comments" field.
See the following pages below for project specific information:
Preliminary proposal written and under consideration by SHAC.
- Quality Improvement Project by the Institute of Healthcare Improvement - UNC Chapter
Currently recruiting additional team members and a project coach, as well as developing scope, time, and budget.
- UNC Fitness Breaks and Checks
Planning and development phases are complete; actively worked on by a project team.
- Seasonal Self-Care Strategies by the Carolina Association of Pharmacy Students (CAPS)