Paul B. Tessmann, MD, PharmD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
3040 Burnett-Womack Building, CB #7065
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7065
Adult cardiac and thoracic surgery including heart and lung transplantation and ventricular assist device (VAD) implantation.
Transcatheter valvular surgery.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Thoracic Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Residency, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Fellowship in Critical Care and Extracorporeal Life Support, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Internship, General Surgery, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- MD, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- PharmD, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND
- BS, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND (Major in pharmaceutical sciences; minors in chemistry, microbiology, business administration)
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
American Board of Surgery
View Dr. Tessmann’s recent research publications on PubMed.