Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
3040 Burnett-Womack Building, CB #7065
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7065
Clinical physician, UNC Center for Heart and Vascular Care. Advanced therapy for heart failure, heart transplantation, mechanical circulatory support, aortic surgery, surgical treatment for aortic valve disease and mitral valve disease, and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
Heart failure, cardiac remodeling and structural heart disease.
Education and Training
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009-2012
- Research Fellow, Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005-2007
- General Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002-2005 and 2007-2009
- M.D., C.M., McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2002
- Graduate Studies in Analytical Chemistry, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH, 1996-1998
- B.A, Cum Laude, Biochemistry and Economics, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine, 1995