Chief, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Director of Aesthetic Surgery
Facial and body aesthetics, breast and oncologic reconstruction, general reconstructive surgery of the face and body, facial trauma
- Outstanding Resident Teaching, 2018
- Fellowship: General Plastic Surgery Fellowship: Charlotte Plastic Surgery
- Fellowship: Breast and Aesthetic Fellowship: Nashville Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- General Surgery Residency: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MD: Hanemann University School of Medicine
American Board of Plastic Surgery 2001
Search for publications on PubMed using damitz l as search criteria
|Linda Kelly Finds Hope and Care During COVID-19 | January 21, 2021
Linda Kelly was diagnosed with breast cancer 20 years ago and received treatment that included a mastectomy and radiation. The medical intervention saved her life but led to some later complications that forced her to seek care in mid-2020. Read more about Linda’s story.
|Anna Crollman, a Young Breast Cancer Survivor | January 23, 2019
UNC Surgery patient Anna Crollman is a breast cancer survivor and sat with us to tell her cancer story. She opens up about her journey with the disease and how it led her to be an advocate for other young women fighting breast cancer. Read more about Anna’s story.
|The Drive for Survival, a Breast Cancer Survivor Story | July 13, 2018
The trip from Jacksonville, North Carolina to Chapel Hill is only about three hours, 148 miles of mostly highway across a landscape of pine trees and old oaks with towns dotting the horizon. Krystal Hensley, a 29-year-old cancer survivor knew the route by heart. “I could have gone somewhere closer to home but I trust my doctors at UNC Health.” Read more about Krystal’s Story.