Director, Gastrointestinal Multidisciplinary Oncology Program
Co-Director of the UNC Lineberger GI Oncology Program
Associate Professor of Surgery
Advanced and recurrent rectal carcinoma, colorectal metastases to liver, breast cancer related procedures
- Clinical Research: the development of Intra Operative Electron Beam Radiation Therapy (IOERT) for the treatment of advanced and recurrent rectal carcinoma.
- Translational Laboratory Research: the EGFR receptor and ligand family as it relates to solid malignancies to include colorectal, gastric and breast carcinomas. Funding for this research is from the GI SPORE grant held by the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Fellowship: Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 1991 – 1993
- Fellowship: Tumor Immunology and Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, 1988 – 1991
- Residency: George Washington, Washington, DC, 1982 – 1988
- MD: University of Maryland, MD, 1981
General Surgery – Board Certified, 1991, 1999
Search for publications on PubMed using calvo b* as search criteria