UNC Clinical Trials Research in Adult Allergy/Immunology
We are part of the Thurston Arthritis Research Center and are located at the renowned UNC School of Medicine. We apply an integrated approach of teaching, research and clinical practice to advance science through clinical trials, laboratory research and community-based studies, and to translate the knowledge into improved patient care. Our outpatient clinics allow us to attract a diverse patient population. We are fully equipped to conduct clinical trials from Phase I- IV. We utilize the facilities of the Clinical and Translational Reseacrh Center (CTRC) located in UNC Hopsitals. Our facilites have dedicated research rooms, a full-time research coordinator, nursing staff and laboratory staff to collect and process samples.
RESEARCH TEAM COMMITTED TO SUCCESS
- Research team with clinical trial experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Principal investigators are actively involved in all aspects of the clinical trials process
- UNC infrastructure to support clinical trials
- Regulatory specialists
- Experienced recruitment team
- Network of clinical research coordinators
CLINICAL TRIALS RESEARCH TEAM
Clinical Trials Coordinator
AREAS OF CLINICAL & RESEARCH EXPERTISE
- Allergic rhinitis
- Alpha gal mammalian meat allergy
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Hereditary angioedema
- Stinging insect allergy
- Urticaria and angioedema
PATIENT POPULATION TO ENSURE SUCCESS
- Our researchers have a robust population from which to recruit patients for clinical trials, with over 10,000 annual rheumatology clinic visits.
- As a referral center for patients in state as well as from outside of North Carolina, we frequently see more complicated cases and patients who have been refractory to standard therapies.
- Our researchers work in a collaborative manner with researchers from multiple disciplines.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
One of the Nation’s Top Public Research Universities
A strong culture that highly encourages collaborative interdisciplinary work (team science)
Five outstanding health science schools on campus (medicine, pharmacy, dental, nursing and public health)
Centers and Institutes that bring together interdisciplinary teams to focus on major research areas
Clinical trials outpatient and inpatient units, as well as research conducted through many other clinics in the UNC Health Care system and Practice-Based Research Networks across North Carolina
Patients from all 100 North Carolina counties and throughout the Southeast receive care at UNC Hospitals. This 803-bed facility cares for more than 37,000 patients each year.
TO PARTNER WITH THE UNC THURSTON ARTHRITIS RESEARCH CENTER, PLEASE CONTACT:
Diane Bresch, RN, BSN at 919-966-0545 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the brochure of the information above