Adult Urology (Non-Cancer)

Adult non-cancer faculty

The UNC Urology faculty offer comprehensive diagnostic and surgical treatment for the full scope of non-cancerous urologic conditions and disorders.  Our expert specialists adhere to the the most advanced techniques and utilize the most recent technologies so that we can provide the highest quality and most efficient medical care for our patients.

Despite a flourishing urban myth that the female partner is more frequently the cause of a couple’s infertility, the cause is actually equally distributed between men and women.  Infertility is due a male factor alone in approximately 30% of infertile couples, while combined male and female factors comprise an additional 20%, therefore the male is involved in approximately 50% of infertile couples.  Infertility is a common condition, and it is estimated that over 7 million couples seek infertility care annually in the United States each year, although the frequency of a dedicated male factor evaluation with a urologist is significantly less common. 




Vasectomy Reversal

In the United States, approximately one in eight males and one in 15 females will form a urinary tract stone within their lifetime.

Learn more

Female urology is a wide encompassing area of urology that focuses on the pelvic health of our female patients.  At UNC, we take pride in offering speciality care for many aspects of female urology including all types of urinary incontinence, fistulae management, and urethral abnormalities.  We offer multi-disciplinary care with our colleagues in Uro-gynecology and pelvic floor physical therapy to offer a full range of services to our patients.

Urethral Diverticulum

Vesicovaginal Fistula

A urethral stricture is a scar or narrowing of the urethra that may make it difficult for you to urinate. Symptoms may include a slow or weak urinary stream, frequent urination, an urgent need to urinate and urinary tract infection

Learn more

The bladder is a hollow organ that has two main roles.

  1. Fill and store urine without leakage (incontinence)
  2. Empty urine at a time of your choosing

Learn more

Urinary incontinence is a hot-button item these days, as it should be.   Fifty percent of females experience stress urinary incontinence.

Learn more