About Our Clinic
UNC Urology is a regional leader in transgender care. We offer a full range of urologic services including primary gender affirmation surgery (including metoidioplasty, penile prosthesis, phalloplasty, orchiectomy and vaginoplasty) and revisions after surgery in a respectful and compassionate environment. Our team has experience managing the most complex urologic cases.
Gender Affirmation Surgery
UNC Urology is a regional leader in transgender care. We offer a full range of urologic services including primary gender affirming surgery (including metoidioplasty, phalloplasty, and vaginoplasty), penile prosthesis, and orchiectomy. We also specialize in the management of complications from gender affirmation, such as strictures and fistulas. In July 2019, the Department of Urology launched the UNC Transgender Health Program in order to improve access to UNC Healthcare for transgender patients in the region.
– Facial Feminization and Masculinization Surgery
– Fertility Preservation
– Gender-affirming Hormone Therapy
– Gender-Affirming Mastectomy and Mammaplasty
– Mental Health Support
– Transgender Urologic Services
For UNC Providers/Providers who use Epic: Referral Instructions
For outside referrals: Fax referrals to 984-215-5760 with attn: Transgender Health Program
All referrals should include:
- Reason for referral
- Patient name and pronouns
- Any relevant medical records
- Letters of support for gender-affirming surgery, if applicable
How to contact the Transgender Health Program
If you are interested in:
- Learning more about the program
- Starting or learning about our Pediatric Gender Clinic
- Receiving hormone therapy
- Receiving gender-affirming primary care
- Being connected with gender-affirming physicians
- Receiving mental health services
- Starting or learning about our surgery process
- Or learning more about community resources
- Ask us about financial assistance
Waitlist Ending Statement – May 6th, 2022
The UNC Transgender Health Program is pleased to announce the end of our waitlist for care!
Since March of 2021, due to staffing concerns the UNC Transgender Health Program has been using a waitlist to manage new, incoming patients to our program. As of May 6th, 2022, we are pleased to announce that our waitlist is retired! We appreciate the patience and support of the community as we have continued to grow as a program and improve our ability to serve the transgender and non-binary community in North Carolina.
To contact THP for care and assistance, please use the contact information below.
Call – 984-215-4610Email – email@example.com