Request a WordPress Site
Fill out this form to request a School of Medicine WordPress site.
Begin Using WordPress
The School of Medicine IT offers WordPress training events throughout the year. Here is a link to our upcoming training schedule.
- How to log in to your School of Medicine web site.
- How to edit content on your site.
- Pages vs. news posts.
- Learn how to add and work with pages.
- How to create pages by copying content from another site.
- How to add media (images, documents, audio and video) to your site.
- Links – learn how to create internal, external, email links and links to documents.
Related Training from LinkedIn Learning
The links listed below go to the LinkedIn Learning training site. LinkedIn Learning is a UNC Chapel Hill licensed online video-training library that is available for FREE to UNC Faculty, Staff and Students. To access LinkedIn Learning, you must first log in with your Onyen through the UNC LinkedIn Learning Sign-In.
- LinkdIn Learning- Accessing your WordPress site
- LinkdIn Learning- Using the WordPress Admin Panel
- LinkdIn Learning- Using the WordPress toolbar
- LinkdIn Lerning- Posts vs. pages in WordPress
- LinkdIn Learning- When to Use Pages
- LinkdIn Learning- Creating Pages
- LinkdIn Learning- Creating Page Hierarchies
- LinkdIn Learning- Change what the home page displays
- LinkdIn Learning- Creating a New Post
- LinkdIn Learning- The difference between categories and tags
- LinkdIn Learning- Truncating Posts and Using Excerpts