Page Links to Plugin
The Page Links To plugin allows you to add external links to your site’s primary/horizontal navigation.
Create the Link
- Ensure the Page Links To plugin is enabled.
- Click on the Plugins link in the dashboard. You will be taken to a page that lists all the available plugins.
- Find the listing for the Page Links To plugin and click the Activate link under the plugin name.
- Add a new page to your site.
- Add a Title – this will be the link text
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Page Links To section.
- Select the radio button next to A custom URL option.
- Add the URL of the link
- Publish the page
Add the Link to the Primary Navigation
- In you site’s dashboard, go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you are editing your Primary Navigation.
- Under Pages, add a check next to the page you just created (see instructions above).
- In the example below I created a page titled UNC that will link to main campus.
- Click the Add to Menu button.
- The new nav link will automatically get added to the bottom of the navigation list. Drag and drop it to reorder the site navigation as needed.
- Click the green Save Menu button.