Demo Pages for Sidebar Column Styles
The pages in the left sidebar serve as visual examples of different sidebar styles. For each page, there is the option to have no sidebar, a sidebar to the left, a sidebar to the right, and sidebars on both sides. In order to change the content of the sidebars, different widgets must be implemented. See the “Widgets Explained” page for instructions on how to do so.
To change the style of column on a page, first open the WordPress editor. The section below the content editor is titled “Page Options”, and will allow you to change the page layout:
By selecting the different options pictured underneath the “Layout” header, you are changing the location of any sidebars on your page. In order from left to right, the choices are as follows:
- Red X – The default layout for the site.
- Single Rectangle – No sidebars.
- Dark Rectangle Right – Sidebar on the right side of the page.
- Dark Rectangle Left – Sidebar on the left side of the page.
- Dark Rectangle On Both Sides – Sidebars on the right and left sides of the page.
Below are example pages with demonstrations of the different sidebar styles:
Left and Right Sidebars: