The Office of Graduate Education administers the Biological and Biomedical Sciences Program (BBSP), an umbrella admissions and first-year training program for nine of the PhD granting departments/curricula in the School of Medicine as well as five other programs across campus. The BBSP member programs are listed below.
School of Medicine
- Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Cell & Molecular Physiology
- Genetics & Molecular Biology
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Molecular & Cellular Pathology
College of Arts & Sciences
School of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry or Molecular Pharmaceutics tracks only)
School of Public Health
School of Dentistry
Students interested in pursuing these areas of research apply to UNC through the BBSP.
The joint UNC-NC State Biomedical Engineering Program (BME) is not part of the BBSP program. Students interested in this program should apply directly to the BME program.