The Office of Graduate Education administers the Biological and Biomedical Sciences Program (BBSP), an umbrella admissions and first-year training program for nine of the PhD granting departments/curricula in the School of Medicine as well as five other programs across campus. The BBSP member programs are listed below.
School of Medicine
- Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Cell & Molecular Physiology
- Genetics & Molecular Biology
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Molecular & Cellular Pathology
College of Arts & Sciences
School of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry or Molecular Pharmaceutics tracks only)
School of Dentistry
Students interested in pursuing these areas of research apply to UNC through the BBSP.
The joint UNC-NC State Biomedical Engineering Program (BME) is not part of the BBSP program. Students interested in this program should apply directly to the BME program.