Research Assistant Professor
Dr. Geist is a certified speech-language pathologist with an emphasis in assistive technology and augmentative communication. Dr. Geist’s PhD is in Computing Technology in Education from the School of Computer and Information Sciences at Nova Southeastern University. Prior to joining the CLDS team, Dr. Geist led a clinical research and development team for DynaVox Technologies.
- Ph.D., Nova Southeastern University, Computing Technology in Education
- M.S., Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Speech-language Pathology
- B.S., Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Speech-language Pathology
Credentials and Licensures
- ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), Speech-language Pathology
- Pennsylvania State License, Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate in Distance Learning Design and Development
- Assistive Technology Application Certificate
- Wright, P., & Geist, L. (2013). Selecting effective interventions for individuals with ASD. Autism Network Journal, 3(2), 1-5.