List of Services
FiRST provides services to departments that may not have in house expertise or a large enough volume to employ a fulltime FTE. FiRST also assists departments in need of financial assistance in the form of account clean-up and restructuring.
Below is a list of services FiRST provides. Click on each item below for more details about each service.
- Budget, Grant and Award accounting
- Financial Planning and Award Proposal Budget Development
- Salary Distribution and Budget Management
- Serves as a resource to the department for accounting questions and issues
- Management of accounting, budget, and reporting for the department
- Comprehensive financial planning and budgeting processes
- All funds budgeting
- Business / Research / Service Contracts
- Managing invoice collections and follow-ups with vendors
- Process department invoices and coordinate deposits with UNC Accounting Services
- Assistance with ordering supplies
- Administration of forms and submission for Travel reimbursements
- Reconciliation of P-cards for the department
- Reconciliation participant incentive cards on trials
- Account management and compliance with government accounting methods, procedures and accounting practices
- Assists the department with grant administration and management
- Pre-award grant and clinical trial submissions
- Post-award grant and clinical trial management
- FiRST acts as the lead on clinical trial budget negotiations and monitoring of awarded clinical trials for the owning department.
Click on one of the below links to submit a request. After your request has been submitted, a team member will reach out to you shortly to further discuss your submission.Pre-award Research Submission Pre-award Industry Clinical Trial Submission
Click on the link below to be redirected to RASR.RASR