- This event has passed.
Patient Safety Awareness Week
March 8, 2020 - March 14, 2020
Patient Safety Awareness Week 2020
UNC Medical Center has a number of events planned to celebrate Patient Safety Week, March 8-14, including a webinar on patient safety, executive rounding on units (with treats!), and a chance to be highlighted on UNC Medical Center’s social media channels.
Every year we celebrate Patient Safety Awareness Week in order to recognize the important work we do each day in keeping our patients free from harm and to encourage us all to learn more about improving safety in health care. This work is more important than ever as medical harm continues to be a leading cause of death worldwide.
- In addition, stop by the Performance Improvement and Patient Safety (PIPS) Office (across from the Chapel on 1st floor Memorial) to pick up Patient Safety stickers and candy next week between 9 and 4.
- On Tuesday, March 10 from noon -1 p.m., the Institute for Healthcare Improvement is hosting a free virtual training entitled “Principles for Improving Patient Safety Measurement” – for more details and to register for the webinar, click here!
- Send a selfie with your team and your favorite patient safety slogan to the Communications department to be included on UNC’s Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram pages, as well as on the Intranet. Send selfies to email@example.com.
Every day is Patient Safety Day at UNC Health Care, and we thank you all for everything you do to keep our patients safe! As a special thanks to individuals who go above and beyond in their patient safety efforts, the following people have been selected by the PIPS department to receive this year’s Patient Safety Awards:
- Danielle Anderson – CSTII, 4ONC
- Christa Clark – Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology
- Jill Cosgrove – CNIV, NSICU
- Molly Haugh – CNI, ED Main Hospital
- Sejal Kansagra – Pharmacist, UNC Hillsborough
- Ellenita Kornegay – CNII, Adult Specialty Care Team
- Dr. Jay Lamba – Clinical Assistant Professor, Hospitalists
- Kalynn Northam – Pharmacist, Pharmacy Decentral Services
- Dr. Dan Park – Associate Medical Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Merari Sanchez Vega – Clinical Documentation Specialist, HIM CDI
- Dr. Lauren Schiff – Medical Director for Perioperative Services, UNC Hillsborough
- Guifeng Zhang – CNIV, 3 West