Areas of Interest
David Lynch, BMBS is an Assistant Professor and clinician-investigator in the Division of Geriatrics. He completed his medical school training at the University of Limerick, in Ireland before transitioning to UNC where he completed his residency in Internal Medicine, Chief Residency and Geriatrics fellowship.
The prospect of a career in Geriatrics for David represents an opportunity to manage patients with a wide variety of complex medical issues while being entrusted with guiding patients through some of the most challenging transitions of their lives. Combining this role with research allows him to develop the skills necessary to answer questions that arise in clinical practice and to improve the care of many older adults. His research focuses on physical function in older adults, specifically biological and environmental factors that impact functional trajectories.
Education and Training
- UndergraduateUniversity of Limerick
- Medical SchoolUniversity of Limerick
- ResidencyUniversity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- FellowshipUniversity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Chief ResidentUniversity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill