Areas of Interest
Dr. Iweala’s primary research interests include 1) the mechanisms of pathogenesis behind alpha-gal mammalian meat (red meat) allergy and 2) the regulation of IgE antibody responses. Dr. Iweala also enjoys caring for individuals with allergic conditions and/or immune dysfunction at the UNC Allergy Clinic. She has a particular interest in patients with alpha-gal allergy, chronic urticaria, and mast cell disorders.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Harvard University
- PhD Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Medical School Harvard Medical School
- Residency Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill