Areas of Interest
Eneral rheumatology, evaluating and managing inflammatory arthritis, immuno-oncology, medical education.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Brown University
- PhD Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Virginia
- Medical School School of Medicine, University of Virginia
- Residency Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowship Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Books and Chapters
- Medlin J, Ishizawar R. Chapter 8: Felty’s Syndrome. (pg 157-171) In: Rare Rheumatic Diseases of Immunological Dysregulation. Ed: Teresa K. Tarrant. 2019. Springer International Publishing Ed. 1.
- Ishizawar, R. Miscellaneous Rheumatic Diseases. In: Brigham and Women’s Experts’ Approach to Rheumatology, Coblyn JS, Bermas B, Weinblatt M, and Helfgott S editors. Jones and Bartlett Learning, LLC, 2011, pp. 175-196.
- Simarro M, Giannattasio G, De la Fuente MA, Benarafa C, Subramanian KK, Ishizawar R, Balestrieri B, Andersson EM, Luo HR, Orduña A, Boyce J, Anderson P. Fas-activated serine/threonine phosphoprotein promotes immune-mediated pulmonary inflammation. J Immunol, 2010;184(9):5325-32.
- Ishizawar RC, Miyake T, Parsons SJ. c-Src modulates ErbB2 and ErbB3 heterocomplex formation and function. Oncogene, 2007;26(24):3503-10. 3. Ishizawar RC, Tice DA, Karaoli T, Parsons SJ. The C terminus of c-Src inhibits breast tumor cell growth by a kinase-independent mechanism. J Biol Chem, 2004;279(22):23773-81.
Atchley WT, Alvarez C, Saxena-Beem S, Schwartz TA, Ishizawar RC, Patel KP, Rivera MP. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis in Lung Cancer: Real-World Incidence, Risk Factors, and Management Practices Across Six Health Care Centers in North Carolina. Chest. 2021 Aug;160(2):731-742. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2021.02.032. Epub 2021 Feb 20. PMID: 33621599
- Henderson LA, Loring SH, Gill RR, Liao KP, Ishizawar R, Kim S, Perlmutter-Goldenson R, Rothman D, Son MB, Stoll ML, Zemel LS, Sandborg C, Dellaripa PF, Nigrovic PA. Shrinking lung syndrome as a manifestation of pleuritis: a new model based on pulmonary physiological studies. J Rheumatol, 2013;40(3):273-81.
- Velez NF, Ishizawar RC, Dellaripa PF, Saavedra AP, Laga AC, Murphy GF, Fisher DC, Kupper TS, Vleugels RA. Full facial edema: a novel presentation of subcutaneous panniculitis-like T-cell lymphoma. J Clin Oncol, 2012;30(25):e233-6.
- Ishizawar R, Parsons SJ. c-Src and cooperating partners in human cancer. Cancer Cell 2004; 6(3):209-14.
- Biscardi JS, Ishizawar RC, Silva CM, Parsons SJ. Tyrosine kinase signaling in breast cancer: epidermal growth factor receptor and c-Src interactions in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2000;2(3):203-10.
- Cunningham M, Alvarez C, Saxena Beem S, Schwartz T, Ishizawar R. Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio as a Predictor of Immune-Related Adverse Events in CTLA-4 Treated Patients: A Retrospective Review. ACR Convergence 2020. Abstract ID: 909225
- Atchley W, Alvarez C, Saxena Beem S, Schwartz TA, Ishizawar RC, Patel KP, Rivera M. Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis in Lung Cancer: A Retrospective Multi-Site Assessment of Real-World Incidence, RiskFactors, and Management Practices. American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting 2020 (canceled due to COVID-19). Online. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2020;201:A6179. Internet address: www.atsjournals.org
- Romero R, Schwartz T, Saxena Beem S, and Ishizawar RC. Immune Related Adverse Events from Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors: A Retrospective Analysis from 2004-2017 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. 2018 American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting. October 19-24, 2018. Chicago, IL – Abstract #356
- Ishizawar RC, Lester CL, Cui J, Doench J, Plenge RM* and Brenner MB*. A Functional Genomic Screen of Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk Genes in Primary Human T Cells Reveals DDX6 As a Negative Modulator of Cytokine Expression. 2016 American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting. November 11-16, 2016. Washington D.C. – Abstract #1567
- Ishizawar RC, Lester CL, Duclos G, Brenner MB, and Plenge RM. Rheumatoid Arthritis Risk Genes in CD4+ T cell Biology. ACR Rheumatology Research Workshop. June 21-23, 2013. Dallas Fairmont Hotel, Dallas, Texas – Abstract #FAC007
- Ishizawar RC and Parsons SJ. HER2, HER3, and c-Src cooperative interactions in breast cancer. Era of Hope Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Meeting. Sept 25-28, 2002. Orange county Convention Center, Orlando, Florida- Poster Session P1-12.
- Ishizawar RC and Parsons SJ. Interactions between HER2, HER3, and c-Src in two breast cancer model systems. 93rd American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting. April 6-10, 2002. Moscone Convention Center, San Francisco, CA. Cell and Tumor Biology 32: Receptor Signaling I: EGFR/ERBR/Breast Cancer Poster Session-Abstract #3561.
- Ishizawar RC and Parsons SJ. Interactions between HER2, HER3, and c-Src in two breast cancer model systems. 10th Annual Graduate Biosciences Society Spring Student Research Symposium and Poster Session. April 23, 2002. Jordan Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA. Poster #29.
- Ishizawar RC, Tice DA, Lavelle D, Karaoli T, and Parsons SJ. c-Src as a potential therapeutic target for human mammary carcinoma. Keystone Symposia: Advances in Human Breast and Prostate Cancer. March 19-24, 2000. Incline Village, NV. Poster session 3-#305 and Presentation in Workshop 1: Breast Cancer