We are pleased to announce that the Office of Global Health Education is partnering with UNC Gillings and UNC Global Projects Zambia through the UNC Gillings Zambia Hub to bring new summer global health placements for first year medical students for summer 2020.
To give more focus to the School’s global work and increase students’ skills, UNC Gillings is establishing a small number of geographic hubs. For summer 2020, UNC Gillings is partnering with UNC Global Projects Zambia, UNC School of Medicine’s Office of Global Health Education and the Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases to offer up to seven placement opportunities for UNC Gillings residential MPH students and UNC School of Medicine first year medical students. We expect to award up to $5,000 per student (final amount TBD).
Applications are due Friday, January 31, 2020.
2020 Position Descriptions include:
- Database development for gynecologic cancers at the Cancer Diseases Hospital
- Engaging partners and families in HIV-focused postnatal care
- Contraceptive use dynamics in Zambia
- Kachele: Understanding sexual and social networks among pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Developing new algorithms to improve birth outcomes
- Treatment of postpartum depression to improve HIV treatment outcomes
- Reducing childhood stunting in Zambia through nutrition interventions