EPI-NC supports early psychosis treatment programs in North Carolina. We aim to inspire recovery through evidence-based treatment models, education, support, and advocacy.
What is Psychosis?
- Psychosis is a set of experiences that makes it difficult to know what is real and what is not real.
- Every year, we expect 10,000 young people to experience psychosis.
- Psychosis often first appears during adolescence and young adulthood and can be frightening and confusing.
- The good news is there are evidence based and effective treatments available in North Carolina.
- It’s important to ask for help as soon as possible. We know that earlier treatment can lead to better outcomes.