Baby Brain Development Research Study
Help us learn how baby brain and behavior develop during the first year of life. We are interested in if and how that growth is influenced by substance exposures during pregnancy, and also by early life experience. **All information collected is confidential** Earn up to $695 for full participation.
!!! PREGNANT MOTHERS NEEDED !!!
UNC Researchers are recruiting pregnant women for a research study of mothers and babies from 2nd trimester of pregnancy to 1 year after baby is born.
We are recruiting pregnant women who have:
Used substances any time during pregnancy
such as: Opiates, tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, or others
Used NO substances any time during pregnancy
***All information collected is confidential***
- Remote visits for Mom in 2nd & 3rd trimester of pregnancy, & during the year after baby is born
- Interviews, questionnaires & screenings for substance use for mom
- Brain Imaging (MRI) of sleeping infant’s brain
- MRI is a safe way to get brain images with NO radiation, X-ray or sedation
- We follow strict safety requirements, including:
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Physical distancing.
- Wellness checks for staff and participants.
- Thorough disinfecting before and after study visits.
Earn up to $695 for full participation
Free Parking or transportation to UNC for study visits
If interested, please contact:
UNC Mother Infant Research Studies