Yes, each time you take an NBME exam, you will be required to download the browser at wbt.nbme.org/exam.
- Before taking an exam, completely shut down your computer and then restart it. If you are using a MAC, on restart, please uncheck the box that says “reopen Windows when logging back in”.
- Disable Dropbox and any camera or image software.
- Go to http://wbt.nbme.org/exam
- Read and accept the Secure Browser Security Notice to proceed with the download.
- Follow the download prompts on your screen.
- Click the “On Test Day” icon then STOP and wait for the exam code.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the exam, exit the browser immediately (CTRL+Shift+Q or CMD+Shift+Q)
- Contact the proctor and/or technical support to return to the exam.
- Do not bring any personal/unauthorized items into the secure testing area. Such items include but are not limited to, outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, notes, pagers, watches, cell phones, recording devices, and photographic equipment.
- You are not permitted to access any unauthorized items during the exam administration.
- Do not make notes on your note board prior to entering your CIN or start up code. Once your exam begins, you are permitted to make calculations or notes ONLY on the erasable note board provided.
- You must adhere to the instructions provided by proctors administering the examination.
- Carefully review and agree to abide by any instructions provided or that appear at the start of the examination session.
- Test proctors are not authorized to answer questions from examinees regarding examination content, testing software or scoring.
- Do not leave the testing site at any time during your administration unless you inform and obtain permission from the testing proctor or are instructed to so do by test administration staff.
- Failure to follow test day rules and procedures may result in the withholding or cancellation of your scores, and/or a bar from future exams administered by the NBME.
NBME practice exams can be accessed by downloading the browser and clicking “test computer”.