Welcome to General and Acute Care Surgery
The General and Acute Care Division of the UNC Department of Surgery and UNC Healthcare Systems is dedicated to fulfilling several missions including:
- To provide the highest quality care for injured and critically ill patients.
- To develop and implement multidisciplinary research programs designed to investigate the physiologic, metabolic, and pathologic states affecting patients with multiple injuries.
- To provide high-quality relevant education to medical students, residents, nurses, and paramedical personnel in areas relating to the care of the injured patient.
- To provide a rich clinical and research environment to facilitate the training of Critical Care Fellows.
- To provide Community Outreach Programs, to direct educational forums (e.g. ATLS), and to advocate and implement injury prevention programs