Welcome to General, Acute Care, and Trauma Surgery
The General, Acute Care and Trauma Division of the UNC Department of Surgery and UNC Healthcare Systems is dedicated to fulfilling several missions including:
- To provide the highest quality care for injured and critically ill patients.
- To develop and implement multidisciplinary research programs designed to investigate the physiologic, metabolic, and pathologic states affecting patients with multiple injuries.
- To provide high-quality relevant education to medical students, residents, nurses, and paramedical personnel in areas relating to the care of the injured patient.
- To provide a rich clinical and research environment to facilitate the training of Critical Care Fellows.
- To provide Community Outreach Programs, to direct educational forums (e.g. ATLS), and to advocate and implement injury prevention programs