American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) – Choosing Wisely®
The ABIM Choosing Wisely toolkit is for employers to use to educate their employees about the dangers and issues associated with the overuse of health care services.
These materials can help you launch the Choosing Wisely campaign with our employees or integrate it with your current communication efforts, all with your own brand. These materials are intended for broad distribution. They’re written to “speak” to diverse workforces across a variety of industries.
The toolkit itself is organized into four pieces:
- Materials for employers to learn about Choosing Wisely, and how to use the toolkit;
- Materials for employers to use and distribute to their employees;
- A series of Consumer Reports tip sheets that organize Choosing Wisely into topics that will be easy for employees to identify with; and
- Links to a wide variety of Consumer Reports resources on health and health care.
American College of Physicians (ACP) – High-Value Care (HVC) Curriculum
The High-Value Care Curriculum (HVC) has been jointly developed by the American College of Physicians (ACP) and the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM) in an effort to train physicians to be good stewards of limited healthcare resources. This curriculum was initially released in July of 2012 and is available in a condensed and updated format. The newer version of the curriculum can be completed in six hours and includes audio/video content and a robust program director toolbox to help program directors measure curricular impact and individual resident performance in high-value care.
Six Curriculum Topics:
- Eliminating Healthcare Waste and Over-ordering of Tests
- Healthcare Costs and Payment Models
- Utilizing Biostatistics in Diagnosis, Screening, and Prevention
- High-Value Medication Prescribing
- Overcoming Barriers to High-Value Care
- High-Value Quality Improvement
American College of Surgeon’s (ACS) – National Surgery Quality Improvement Program® (NSQIP)
ACS NSQIP is the leading nationally validated, risk-adjusted, outcomes-based program to measure and improve the quality of surgical care in the private sector. ACS NSQIP has the tools, training, customization options and, most importantly, data, to keep your hospital ahead of the curve.
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) – Quality of Care Center
CMS Links to Quality Initiative and Roadmaps for:
- Quality Measurement in the Traditional Medicare Fee-for-Service Program
- Resource Use Measurement in the Traditional Medicare Fee-for-Service Program
- Implementing Value-Based Purchasing in the Traditional Medicare Fee-for-Service Program
Costs of Care Learning Network
The Learning Network serves hundreds of educators and health systems directors and connects them to leaders in the field who share practical advice about how to develop engaging curriculum and health systems innovations.
Our goal is to openly discuss ways to get started, implement, and sustain feasible innovations at your institution or organization.
Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) – Open School
The IHI Open School brings you essential training and tools in an online, educational community to help you and your team deliver excellent, safe care. When you engage with the Open School courses and Chapters, you join more than 250,000 learners from universities, organizations, and health systems around the world in building core skills in improvement, safety, and leadership.
Teaching Value in Health Care – Google+ Group
A joint project of Costs of Care and the ABIM Foundation, the Teaching Value in Health Care Learning Network is a dynamic community of medical residents, students, faculty and others who are committed to learning and teaching the principles of stewardship and high-value care. Here you will find resources to help—didactic modules, experiential techniques, systems-level strategies, and the wisdom and creativity of fellow trail-blazers seeking to re-shape clinical learning environments toward high-value patient care. Monthly Hangouts with guest leaders and innovators will spotlight successful tools and strategies that you can apply, and discussion boards can help you refine and fortify your own ideas. Join the movement.