Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a moment to read through our list of Frequently Asked Questions. We hope this information will be a useful guide to get you started in navigating through our program and Chapel Hill.
Documentation Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university;
- Submission of official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are not older than five years;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Completion of the graduate school application in SLATE
- Completion of application supplement for CRMH within graduate school application (http://gradschool.unc.edu/academics/degreeprograms/);
- Graduate application fee for fall 2016 in the online SLATE application system;
- A pre-admission interview with the DCRMH faculty;
- Be eligible to meet student requirements to participate in clinical training. View here.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR FALL 2017 ADMISSION IS May 9, 2017.
To be considered for the UNC Merit Scholarship, application materials must have been received by December 13, 2016. All applicants are eligible to apply for other scholarships and funding opportunities (Fellowships and Funding) in the spring of 2016.
Students are admitted one time per year, each fall semester. As a Graduate School program, we adhere to all Graduate School rules and regulations regarding admissions, matriculation, and graduation. All applicants who are considered for admissions will complete a personal interview with the admissions committee.
The Division of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling will be conducting admission information sessions during the dates listed below for prospective students who are interested in learning more about the program. A professor and a student will be available at these sessions to answer questions and provide literature about the program. RSVP to an information session here.
Information session dates:
- Tuesday, September 27, 4:00-5:00 p.m.; Bondurant 1074; Dr. Eniko Rak
- Tuesday, October 11, 12:00-1:00 p.m.; Bondurant 4074; Dr. Eileen Burker
- Thursday, November 10, 4:00-5:00 p.m.; Bondurant G074; Dr. Judy Schmidt
- Thursday, December 8, 4:00-5:00 p.m.; Bondurant G074; Dr. Mark Klinger