Fellowships, Funding, and Scholarships
- The Division of CRMH currently has two RSA-funded training grants that provide students with $6,000/semester. Learn more about the RSA scholarship and opportunities available.
- Each year, the Division of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling can nominate applicants for fellowship, assistantship, and scholarship awards offered to students through the UNC Graduate School. The number of awards given each year depends on the funds allocated to the division. To be considered for nomination for Fellowships or Assistantships, prospective students must apply by the December 7, 2023 application deadline.
- Division awards for incoming students are made at the time of admission. For priority consideration for financial aid, applicants should submit their completed applications as early as possible.
- Students can be considered for departmental awards and fellowships and privately funded division scholarships by completing the Department of Health Sciences scholarship application, usually due in May. For more information, visit the financial assistance page.
- Many of our students take advantage of student loans, which are administered through the Office of Student Financial Aid. Students seeking loans should be sure to submit their FAFSA forms by the appropriate deadline.
- The North Carolina Forgivable Education Loans for Service is an excellent opportunity for students looking for funding. Full-time graduate students are awarded $5,000 per semester for pursuing a degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling. Students may not have to pay back the loans if they agree to work in North Carolina for a certain period of time to work off the debt. For more information, please see the College Foundation of North Carolina’s website.