UNC HHT Center of Excellence
UNC is recognized by the National Organization for Rare Disorders and the HHT Foundation International Inc., as a Center of Excellence for evaluating and treating individuals with HHT. There are only 14 multidisciplinary HHT Centers of Excellence in the US.
What we provide:
- Medical care for both children and adults with Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectsia (HHT).
- Team of healthcare providers with expert knowledge of HHT
- Multidisciplinary coordinated approach to diagnosis, screening and management of HHT
- Appropriate management of nosebleeds and other complications from HHT
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Screening and treatment of anemia
- Screening of at-risk relatives
- Resources for up to date information about HHT for patients, family members and other healthcare providers
- Opportunities for individuals with HHT to participate in ongoing clinical research