How to Apply
We are currently not accepting applications. We will begin accepting applications for 2018-19 in November 2017.
All documents can be uploaded via the electronic submission form found at the link below.
- Online application form
- Current resume (CV): Include research experiences, presentations, publications, awards, and national meetings attended.
- Electronic copy of transcript from current or most recent undergraduate institution. (Unofficial is acceptable. Official transcript will be needed prior to entry into the program.)
- A list of 3-5 faculty at UNC that you would be interested in working with. A searchable list of faculty is available here.
- Three letters of reference: Letters from current and past research mentors are highly recommended.
Letter writers can submit their letters through the recommender link below.
It is your responsibility to send this link to your recommenders. Letters must be received by February 28, 2017.
Recommender link: TBD
- Personal Statement (see instructions below)
For us to get to know your goals and interests, please provide a personal statement. Include the following information:
- Goals statement: Describe your career goals and how UNC PREP will help you meet those goals.
- Research statement: Describe past research experiences you have had and research areas you are interested in exploring.
- Challenge statement: Many students face significant challenges in meeting academic or career goals. Describe something you have overcome in your life.
Please submit all application documents via the electronic application form.