How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for 2018-19. Our next application period will begin in mid-November 2018.
All documents can be uploaded via the electronic submission form found at the link below.
- Online application form
- Current resume (CV): Include research experiences, presentations, publications, awards, and national meetings attended.
- Electronic copy of transcript from current or most recent undergraduate institution. (Unofficial is acceptable. Official transcript will be needed prior to entry into the program.)
- A list of 3-5 faculty at UNC that you would be interested in working with. A searchable list of faculty is available here.
- Three letters of reference: Letters from current and past research mentors are highly recommended.
Letter writers can submit their letters through the recommender link below.
It is your responsibility to send this link to your recommenders. Recommenders will not automatically receive an email when you submit your application. Letters must be received by February 28, 2018.
Recommender link: TBD
- Personal Statement (see instructions below)
For us to get to know your goals and interests, please provide a personal statement. Include the following information:
- Goals statement: Describe your career goals and how UNC PREP will help you meet those goals.
- Research statement: Describe your past research experiences and research areas you are interested in exploring.
- Challenge statement: Many students face significant challenges in meeting academic or career goals. Describe something you have overcome in your life.
Please submit all application documents via the electronic application form.
*Special consideration for students from Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands: Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria, special considerations will be made for students from hurricane-affected regions who may be unable to start the program until later in the summer due to delayed graduation. This will not impact your application to UNC PREP, and if selected, we will work with you to accommodate a delayed start into the program. Please contact us if you have any questions!