How to Apply
All documents can be uploaded via the electronic submission form found at the link below.
- Online application form
- For new applications, click “Create an account”
- Create a new account
- Important: Select “UNC PREP” as your program of interest
- Current resume (CV): Include research experiences, presentations, publications, awards, and national meetings attended.
- Electronic copy of transcript from current or most recent undergraduate institution. (Unofficial is acceptable. Official transcript will be needed prior to entry into the program.)
- A list of 3-5 faculty at UNC that you would be interested in working with. A searchable list of faculty is available here.
- Three letters of reference: Letters from current and past research mentors are highly recommended. Once you fill out recommender information within the application, they will receive an email with instructions on how to submit their letter. Please let your references know that letters must be received by February 16, 2024 to be considered as part of your application.
- Personal Statement (see instructions below)
For us to get to know your goals and interests, please provide a personal statement. Please be sure that each section provided is no more than 1 page in length (Personal statement total max – 3 pages) and 11–12-point font. Include the following information:
- Goals statement: Describe your career goals and how UNC PREP will help you meet those goals. (1 page)
- Research statement: Describe your past research experiences and research areas you are interested in exploring. (1 page)
- Challenge statement: Many students face significant challenges in meeting academic or career goals. Describe something you have overcome in your life. (1 page)
Please submit all application documents via the electronic application form.
Note: Please note that no extensions will be granted beyond the application close date.