Patients are referred to the Kidney and the Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Program by calling 919-966-3078. Referral information should include patient demographics, insurance information, and a recent history and physical, which includes the cause of renal failure. Additional information should include the most recent hospital discharge summary; results of current chest X-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory values; and any consults obtained within the past 12 months.
All Initial Outside Referrals Must Provide the following information:
- Recent clinical summary, including all current medications and treatment plans
- Current nursing care plan
- Recent labs
- Social work evaluation (if available from your dialysis center)
- Several recent dialysis flow charts
- All demographic and insurance information
- Blood transfusion records (if available)
- Recent EKG, chest x-ray, renal sonogram, and renal biopsy, if available
- Results of GYN exam with pap smear within past year for females 18 or above
- Mammogram for females over 40
If you have had a substance abuse problem (alcohol or drugs), you should abstain immediately and seek professional counseling immediately. We, like most other transplant centers, require documentation of abstinence through weekly sessions with a certified substance abuse counselor for those who have had substance abuse issues.