2019 CGIBD Research Competition – Call for Abstracts
The Research Competition will be held on April 25, 2019
from 4-6 pm, 1131 Bioinformatics Building on the Carolina Campus
Abstracts may be submitted any time before 11:30 pm, March 25, 2019
We are no longer accepting applications for the April 25th Research Competition
Information about the competition:
What can you win? One winner will receive $1,000 to attend a domestic scientific conference or to support publication costs; Runners-up presenters receive a $100 gift card.
Who can participate? Undergraduate students, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows who are mentored by a CGIBD member. First place winners from previous competitions are not eligible.
When are entries due? 11:30 pm, March 25, 2019.
How does one apply? Complete the form at this link.
Hints and tips:
- Presentations do not have to be new, but must relate to digestive disease research.
- Abstract Review Criteria
- Is the abstract novel?
- Does the rationale formulate a pressing problem or identify gap in existing knowledge?
- Does the information add to the current body of knowledge?
- Is there a clear hypothesis?
- Are the methods adequately described and appropriate?
- Are the results summarized adequately and is the data analysis appropriate?
- Are the conclusions supported by the results and do they answer the stated objectives?
- Is the abstract well written and grammatically correct?