Dr. Savoldo is a pediatric hematologist/oncologist with extensive expertise in cancers, including leukemia, lymphoma and neuroblastoma. Her research interests include:
- Harnessing the body’s immune responses to treat cancer through gene therapy and immunotherapy.
- Re-engineering patient’s immune cells to produce chimeric antigen receptors (CAR) that allow the cells to identify and hone in on cancer.
- Developing an “off switch” within genes to reduce the potentially lethal side effects of treatment in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Links to more information:
- UNC Healthcare News: Researchers Identify Molecular Target for Brain Cancer, Develop Immunotherapy Approach to Attack It
- UNC Healthcare News: The Leukemia Lymphoma Society Awards Grant to Savoldo for Immunotherapy Research
|To learn more about how you can support the Children’s Research Institute, contact Keela Lyon, Senior Executive Director of Development, UNC Medicine, Children’s. Email or phone 919-843-2915.|