Dr. O’Shea is an experienced physician and researcher who specializes in neonatal and perinatal medicine. His research interests include:
- Studying perinatal epidemiology and tracking developmental follow up of neonatal clinical trial participants throughout early childhood.
- Tracking environmental exposures in utero and early childhood that may cause diseases throughout childhood, including epilepsy, autism and ADHD.
- Determining which immune and inflammation markers are present in neonates and small children after exposure to pollutants and microbiome.
- Researching neurodevelopmental outcome in very lower gestational age newborns.
Links to more information:
- The ELGAN-ECHO Study
- August 2017 CRI Update Featuring Dr. O’Shea
- CRI News: ELGAN-ECHO Study Seeks to Understand Increase in Premature Birth Rate
|To learn more about how you can support the Children’s Research Institute, contact Keela Lyon, Senior Executive Director of Development, UNC Medicine, Children’s. Email or phone 919-843-2915.|