Core Facilities Policies, Guidelines and Recharge Information
Policies and Guidelines Documentation relating to Core Facilities
Citation and Authorship Guidelines
- ABRF Recommended Guidelines for Authorship on Manuscripts
The Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF) has assembled these guidelines for determining when acknowledgment of core facility personnel is appropriate in publications and manuscripts
ABRF Recommended Guidelines for Authorship on Manuscripts COMING SOON
Institutional Policies and Guidelines for Core Facilities
- SOM Research Core Facility Policies
Policies specifically applicable to UNC School of Medicine Research Core Facilities
- Office of Sponsored Research
Policy 900.01 Research Service Centers
Policy 900.01, Procedure 1 – Research Service Centers
- Operating Guidelines for Institutional Research Service Centers
UNC Operating Guidelines for Institutional Research Service Centers
- SOM Policy on Vendor Relationships
- SOM Policy on Vendor Relationships FAQs
Effective January 1, 2011, all faculty, staff, and students of the School of Medicine will be required to comply with the new policy called the “Policy on Vendor Relationships in Biomedical Research or Patient Care”.
- Determination of Fee Oversight Authority Chart
Not sure which office has oversight authority for your recharge operation?
Fee oversight for all campus recharge activities is determined based upon the Interdepartmental Fees and Charges (IF&C) policies and procedures decision diagram. This flow chart can assist with determining the office or unit which has oversight authority for your recharge operation.
- Recharge Primer
A short introduction to recharge service centers
- Compliance overiew
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between UNC Chapel Hill and NCSU is in place which allows for each institution’s recharge research service centers to offer ‘internal’ rates to each other. The agreement waives the F&A rate which is normally added to the price for any external user.
Please contact the Office of Research Technologies for more information.
- Recharge Training Modules