Association for Professional Women In Medical Sciences (APWIMS)
What is APWIMS?
Our mission is to facilitate the professional development of all women in the school of medicine through information sharing, networking, and career development opportunities, and support equitable practices in promotion in academic and health system leadership. The organization strives to:
- provide support for professional women in the School of Medicine;
- facilitate communication among women faculty, and graduate and medical students;
- increase awareness with regard to issues that significantly impact women;
- promote the recruitment and retention of women at all levels of academic rank and leadership;
- work with the School of Medicine administration to achieve and maintain gender equity at this institution; and,
- promote interaction and supportive communication with women faculty and graduates of other health affairs schools on campus.
Membership may be granted to any faculty member who is committed to the mission of APWIMS.