Dr. Berkowitz has been an athlete his whole life. His primary personal sports affiliation has revolved around ultimate frisbee. He played for UNC and later Ring of Fire, a club team out of Raleigh that routinely qualifies for the national championship tournament. Now that he’s an “old athlete” (his words), he appreciates his ability to stay involved with sports and teams to encourage another generation of athletes through his work with sports medicine. He received his medical degree from the UNC School of Medicine in 2010, then stayed on to complete dual-specialty residency training in both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. He served as chief resident in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, before completing a fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at Campus Health. Dr. Berkowitz began his permanent position working at Campus Heath in 2016.
Areas of Interest
- Treating musculoskeletal conditions with traditional and novel therapies.
- Helping people achieve and maintain their personal activity and fitness goals.
- Working with athletes of all ages, interests and ability levels.
- Using musculoskeletal ultrasound and minimally invasive procedures to improve care.
- Providing medical coverage at sporting events.