University Occupational Therapy
University Occupational Therapy (UOT) is the faculty clinic for the UNC School of Medicine Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, a top-ten ranked program according to U.S. News & World Report.
University OT faculty are dedicated to client-centered care, education, and research. We are passionate about and dedicated to helping our clients achieve their goals of returning to meaningful and productive activities and quality of life at home and in the community.
We serve clients with neurologic, orthopedic, or general impairments who as a result have muscle weakness, incoordination, cognitive difficulties and/or poor endurance, which impact self-care, work, school, and leisure activities. Our therapists have extensive experience working with older adults as well as with clients who have had brain injury, stroke, and spinal cord injury. We also have experience working with caregivers.
Through our outpatient practice we are also able to perform home visits under the Medicare Part B benefit and other private insurances for home safety evaluations and in-home therapy services. We additionally perform wheelchair seating and positioning evaluations in the clinic or in client homes.
- Post surgical
- Oncologic (Cancer)
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other neurological conditions
- Neurologic bowel and bladder management and sexual dysfunction
- Custom wheelchair seating prescription
- Communication with your doctor for insurance approval
- Collaboration with local wheelchair dealers for efficiency and convenience
- Home safety evaluation and modification recommendations
- Falls prevention assessment
- Activity and routine modification
- Adaptive equipment and durable medical equipment assessment
Schedule an appointment
- Driving Directions
- On Public Transportation
- Handicap Accessible