Thank you for your interest in the Division of Radiologic Science. We have great pride in our educational programs and profession and want to recruit students who will continue the standards of excellence with which we practice. Faculty, staff, current students, and alumni consider it a priority to assist each prospective student in gaining knowledge about radiologic science. An informed applicant is much more likely to succeed in coursework and later engage in a successful, rewarding career.
The Division of Radiologic Science offers the following educational programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Science (Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology concentration or Diagnostic Medical Sonography concentration)
- Certificate (Radiography)
- Masters in Radiologic Science (Radiologist Assistant)
Carefully review the descriptions, prerequisite criteria, observation opportunities, coursework, and career options for our educational programs. For additional information, contact the individual listed for the program of interest.
In addition to our website, we strongly recommend that you investigate radiologic science using multiple sources.
Some additional sources of information:
- Radiologic Science Awareness Night Program – recruitment event held twice each year at UNC-CH
- UNC-CH Radiologic Science alumni in your local area (contact our office for detailed information)
- UNC General College Advisors (for current UNC students) or off-campus guidance counselors
- High school health occupations/careers teachers
- Local hospital volunteer services
- Local radiology facilities
- Professional organizations:
- AHEC (North Carolina Area Health Education Centers)
- NCSRT (North Carolina Society of Radiologic Technologists, Inc.)
- ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- NCUS (North Carolina Ultrasound Society)
- AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine)
- SDMS (Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
- ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers)