Eulalia Barajas-Graham '17
Eulalia Barajas-Graham ’17

Name:

Eulalia Barajas-Graham

Program:

Physician Assistant Studies

Graduation Year:

2017

Current Employer and Job Title:

PA-C. SRMC at Red Springs Family Medicine

Tell us about your job:

I am currently working as a physician assistant in a rural clinic in Red Springs, North Carolina. Being a PA has provided me the opportunity to help people of all ages. As a PA I am able to practice medicine independently but still have a supervising physician to collaborate with, should I need guidance. As a PA my day consists of physical exams, diagnosing and treating illnesses, ordering and interpreting tests, and counseling patients on preventative health care. Knowledge is a powerful thing and providing my patients with the knowledge they need to help manage their health is always a win for me! As a PA, I am able to spend that one-on-one time with my patients and to encourage healthier lifestyles that could ultimately save their lives.

How did your education with the Physician Assistant Studies program benefit you?:

As a student at UNC-Chapel Hill, I worked alongside physicians who were willing to teach and guide me through both my didactic and clinical year. Having access to patients while in our didactic year not only allowed us to learn from a textbook, but we were also able to see patients being treated for the same illness we studied. The preparation and guidance I received while studying at UNC-CH has provided me the knowledge and confidence I needed to start practicing medicine. I know every day I will learn something new and see something I have never seen before, but this was a typical day at UNC-CH, so I don’t let this overwhelm me. Instead, I take each moment as a way to learn and grow as a practitioner.