UNC Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement (IHQI)
invites applications for two Quality Analysts
Applications due Jan. 31, 2021
The position is ideal for someone passionate about improving healthcare and health. The role demands organization, versatility, creativity, confidence, enthusiasm and teamwork.
IHQI Quality Analyst
The UNC Institute for Healthcare Quality Improvement’s (IHQI) invites applications for a Quality and Organizational Excellence Analyst (IHQI Quality Analyst). IHQI’s mission is to catalyze healthcare improvement, spread and culture change by developing and mentoring clinical improvement leaders. IHQI pursues this mission through a variety of programs including Improvement Scholars.
Improvement Scholars is a structured, experiential learning program. Improvement Scholars learn clinical improvement leadership by proposing, designing and leading a project with guidance and support from IHQI.
Improvement Scholars projects are complex quality improvement interventions that involve designing and implementing systems and approaches to improve healthcare. While individual projects vary in content, focus and type, the purpose of each project is the same: to provide clinicians and other health care professionals with education, systems and support to enable them to implement strategies that improve the quality of healthcare.
Working closely with Improvement Scholars and IHQI Quality Leaders, the IHQI Quality Analyst participates in designing and developing interventions to improve clinical care and helps plan and facilitate implementation activities. The IHQI Quality Analyst provides support during project planning, start-up, implementation, and close-out. The IHQI Quality Analyst must interact comfortably with individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds and coordinate activity with multiple stakeholders. The IHQI Quality Analyst has frequent contact with physicians and other healthcare professionals and leaders. Effective oral and written communication in a rapidly changing environment is critical to the IHQI Quality Analyst’s effectiveness. The IHQI Quality Analyst continually draws on the ability to manage ambiguity, solve problems and prioritize.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and monitoring of project plan including deliverables, milestones, tasks and timeline.
- Work closely with IHQI Quality Leaders to plan and coordinate meetings and improvement activities involving project stakeholders including clinical and administrative leaders and line staff.
- Communicate with project stakeholders and team members regarding project status, tasks, implementation challenges, etc. during and between meetings and improvement activities.
- Assist with the development of project documents and materials (e.g., charter, key driver diagram, A3s, run and/or control charts, standard work, training materials, tools to support clinical operations, progress reports, presentations, etc.).
- Assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting data to help drive improvement. Contribute to development of sustainable workflows for performance monitoring.
Professional Experience Requirements
- If a Bachelor’s degree: One (1) year of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
- If an Associate’s Degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis. Clinical experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
- If health care licensure: Prior experience leading advanced process improvement and quality initiatives.
Contact Laura Brown with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org