The Respiratory TRACTS Core maintains the following equipment in the lab. Customers can be trained to operate the machines independently, or core staff can perform the experiments (at rates which include technician time) depending on the level of support needed by the PI.
- BioPlex® 200 multiplex assay system
- The Luminex® xMAP® technology is a flexible analyzer based on the principles of flow cytometry that allows for multiplex detection of up to 100 analytes simultaneously in a single microplate well, using very small sample volumes. Sets of magnetic microspheres are color-coded with combinations of red and infrared fluorophores and can be used for immunoassays or gene expression assays.
- SpectraMax M2 Microplate Reader
- The SpectraMax M Series Multi-Mode Microplate Readers measure UV and visible absorbance, fluorescence, luminescence, fluorescence polarization, TRF, and HTRF. Standard features include a cuvette port, spectral scanning in 1nm increments, and up to six wavelengths per read.
- nanoString nCounter® Pro Analysis System
- NanoString nCounter® Pro is a high throughput method for RNA, miRNA, and DNA detection using direct detection hybridization. The technology utilizes optical barcodes that allow for highly multiplexed, single molecule counting for multiplex analysis of 800+ targets.
- QuantStudio6 Flex
- The QuantStudio 6 Flex real-time PCR systems are designed for versatility with the ability to multiplex 5 optical channels. The systems can detect differences as small as 1.5-fold in singleplex reactions with 10 logs dynamic range.