Complex Family Planning
Why Choose UNC?
Your privacy is very important to us. Your experience will be very much like a visit to your regular health provider because our clinic is fully integrated into NC’s Women’s Hospital clinics. This increases your confidentiality and may decrease concerns you might have.
Our services are covered by most insurance policies, and we offer affordable rates for those without insurance. Financial assistance is available.
72-hour Waiting Period
North Carolina law requires that you certify that you have been counseled by a qualified health professional at least 72-hours before termination of pregnancy. When you make an appointment in our clinic, you will also be given an appointment to speak with a nurse on the phone at least 72–hours before your clinic visit.
If You’re a Minor
If you are under 18 years old, in the state of North Carolina, you can receive medical care for contraception and testing for sexually transmitted diseases without your parent’s or guardian’s consent. If you need an abortion procedure, you must have your parent’s or guardian’s consent. If you need a judicial bypass, please go to Text Abby for more information.
- Surgical abortion in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy
- Abortion services for all patients with pregnancies complicated by medical conditions and fetal abnormalities
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriage
- Pre- and post-procedure counseling and follow-up
- Birth control consultation
- Contraceptive counseling and services, including:
- Contraception for medically complicated patients
- Insertion of IUDs and Nexplanon®
- Surgical sterilization
Division Director/Our Team
For a complete list of providers and counselors, visit our Complex Family Planning team page.
Interim Division Director, Complex Family Planning
Associate Professor, Complex Family Planning
Complex Family Planning Locations
FellowshipIf you are interested in completing fellowship training with the UNC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, please visit our Complex Family Planning fellowship page.